Thursday, February 4, 2010

Yad Vashem

I suppose it's probably time for a new post.

Since we got back from Egypt things have been a little crazy around here. We had two free days full of laundry and resting and homework. On Tuesday we had a seven page paper due, thankfully I got most of mine done before we left for Egypt, but a lot of people didn't so it was kind of crazy around the center here. Today I had two midterms; one for Judaism and one for Old Testament. Lets just say that I'm glad they're over...

On Monday we took a field trip to the Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum. That was a powerful experience. The things I saw there were intense, as I'm sure anyone who has been to a museum like that can attest to. I was shocked at the cruelty and horrible acts brought about by humanity. I would say that going there and seeing those things was a life changing experience.

Ever since Monday nothing super exciting has happened. We got a new service couple; our other one is going home because their time is up. Which is actually really sad, but I'm sure we'll grow to be even more attached to this couple than the other. We threw a party for them and it was really sad, I felt like we were all going home the next day, it was horrible. But after we said our good byes we had a dance party and had a good time.

It's almost the weekend! One more day of classes and then I have some time to relax and go out and enjoy the city, finally! It snowed today and I hope it warms up, otherwise it's kind of miserable to be out and walking around in. (I know all of you Rexburg people are cursing me right now thinking about how easy I've got it. I know, I know...) Things at the Jerusalem Center are great, I'm making good and lasting friendships and learning all kinds of things about myself and about the people here. So far it has been a fantastic learning experience.

1 comment:

  1. Madi, I LOVE reading your updates! Sounds like you're having quite the experience there. I wish I would have done something like this before I had gotten married. Soak it all up!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete