Friday, February 26, 2010

It's Raining, It's Pouring


Caught in the rain/hail in Jerusalem

Today was an unexpentantly great day. We were schedule to have four hours of our Palestinian class since they've been canceled in the past due to our teacher not being able to get through the border. We also had a midterm this morning so we were all kind of dreading today. BUT the midterm turned out to be not so bad (I'm pretty sure I nailed it) and our four hour Palestinian class got canceled AGAIN. Which was exciting because we were able to go out into the city for a few hours, but sad once again because my teacher was just stuck and couldn't get to us. The Israeli government closed the borders due to a holiday they are having this weekend, (a holiday very similar to Holloween).


Blocking the rain water in the street. Check out how deep it was!

So we had the whole afternoon to ourselves! I tried to go to the post office to mail something off, so we went out in a group. It has been raining all day and all last night, but it was a little sunny for a minute so we thought we would be okay. Once we got out into the city we realized that everything was closed. And then it started pouring rain. Like crazy. And hailing. And we were right in the middle of the city with no where to go. But we made the most of it and played in the water that was rushing down the streets, and got splashed by every car that drove by. It turned out to be a really fun experience.


Us at the center, soaking wet!

When we got back we were soaking wet and so I did some laundry and then had dinner. After dinner we had a man come and teach us how to do some Israeli folk dancing, which was so fun! Probably my favorite thing that we've done here so far.

This week we had four tests, next week will be five! And then it's all down hill from there academically. So excited for that moment. This semester is halfway over, which is kind of sad. I love Jerusalem and I love being here. And I'm going to miss it tremendously when I'm home.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was such a fun day! I'm a little, ok a lot, jealous right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So does that mean you're going to have five hours of that class next week?! And Halloween should have an A in it. Just sayin'. ;)

    Fun!!! We need to do fun stuff like this summer...like when it rains lots. Which reminds me...I want to get some sweet chacos so we can be twiners. :D

    ReplyDelete