Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Bit More Jordan...

Just a little bit more Jordan for you!

Here is an example of Jordan propaganda. Man, they love their king! Even at the baptisimal site of Jesus they had a Mosaic of the King. I think it's funny and endearing.

Dan Jones bought this picture of Cramer from Sienfield in Tel Aviv one weekend and brought him to Jordan. We have been passing the painting around by leaving it in random bags, etc. Somehow he ended up with me in Jerash. It was really funny trying to explain to the Jordanians who he was. They were so confused, and a few merchants even took the painting from me and started evaluating the craftmanship of it. It was really funny. These girls wanted a picture with us so I decided to invite Cramer along as well.

While we were Jerash, which is the best preserved Roman City in the Middle East, we got to see a little Roman skit and see a little bit on how their army worked.

Horse Chariot! I couldn't talk the guy into letting me drive the chariot, even when I tempted him with a dollar bill....I'm kind of confused as to why I'm so much bigger than this guy in this picture, but oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment