Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Little Taste of Jordan


Marhaba!

I got wireless back, yay! Here are some pictures from Jordan explaining a little bit about what it is and what we did. It's hard to say everything that happened because it's finals week and I come home next week, so I want to take as much time as I can to be in the city. But here, as the title shows, is a little taste of Jordan. Enjoy!

Here is a bedouin boy I met in Petra. While I was looking through my "Israel" tour book he saw a picture I was looking at of a boy and girl on a camel, and he said that they were in his village. So cool! Bedouins fascinate me; in Jordan they are permitted by the government to live in Petra. I met a few Bedouins who were actually born in the caves in the canyon. Yikes, and cool? I guess?

Here's a peek at the Treasurey trough the slot canyon.

This is the Monestary in Petra. Apparently in the Indiana Jones movie there is a scene "inside the monestary", but really I climbed inside and all it is is a cave. I'm glad I could experience the Monestary to bust that myth.

Trying to be Indiana Jones in front of the Treasurey in Petra. Thank you Courtney, Kennedy, and Kinzie for adding a little somethin' somethin' to my picture. Otherwise it would've been BORING.

Jordanian soldiers at the Treasury in Petra. I really love this picture, and I especially love their pointy helmets.


Bedouin girl in Petra. I'd like to play this second picture off as this girl just liking me and talking to me, but I can't lie, she was really just trying to sell me stuff. She was so cute; it was hard to turn her away!

Bedouin boy in Petra

Look, it's Petra! Pretty incredible.

Turkish Bath--Before. Looking and feeling pretty good!

Turkish Bath--After. Good cultural experience.

Here is yet another castle! It is called Shobak castle and it was a crusader's castle. No spiritual significance but it was still really awesome!

This is at Mount Nebo where Moses saw the promised land. It is also believed that Moses may have been translated, or "buried by the hand of the Lord." This is me tying a piece of toilet paper on the tree, which is a symbol of my being there at that site.

This may or may not be the most famous Mosaic ever (Madaba). It's an ancient "map" for pilgrims to get to Jerusalem.

No comments:

Post a Comment