Saturday, April 17, 2010

Coming Near the End

Shabbat Shalom!

Well, today I woke up with the sad realization that today is my last Sabbath day in the Holy Land. It hit me hard today sitting in sacrament meeting overlooking the city, that my time here is up. And it was a very sad reality to come to! I definitely have mixed feelings about coming home. Today we sang "God be With You 'til we Meet Again"......torture! mean! I cried through the whole song. Jerusalem is so dear to my heart, it'll be hard to move on back to reality with the possibility that I may never see this place again. It has been a life changing experience for me.

Also hard for me today was to leave my nursery children! When I got released from my calling I shed a tear (just call me an emotional wreck). These children really are so sweet and I have enjoyed learning from them by teaching them the simple gospel truths every Saturday.


"Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, that in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

For the Son of man is come to save that which is lost.

How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the nienty and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?

And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.

Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish."

I think this is my ultimate favorite scripture when it comes to children, and especially when it comes to my major and my future career. I have enjoyed growing closer to Christ by serving his innocent and pure children this semester.

This whole semester has been so incredible, I can't put the feelings and change I've felt in myself in words. I will be forever grateful for the opportunity to learn in Jerusalem.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you that you have had the opportunity! What is the header picture on your blog a picture of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's two orthodox Jews praying at the Western Wall. My friend snapped this and I was in awe of it. Love the Western Wall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is an amazing picture. It looks like something you would see in National Geographic!

    ReplyDelete