Saturday, January 16, 2010

Happy Sabbath!



So today was our Sabbath day. Once again or Sabbath is on Saturday, it's still weird trying to get used to that.

Of course I have to talk about breakfast and my eating habits, since that has seem to become quite a trend. The problem here is that on Sunday they do not feed us lunch. And we don't have any food beside the food they feed us. And that is a very difficult thing for me. So I eat a decent amount of food at breakfast to hold me over until dinner. But then it's also a problem because they serve dinner early and then I'm hungry later that night. It's quite a dilemma, they're throwing off my eating groove!

Other than being hungry, today has been so wonderful. I got to talk to Kaitlin and Anna Sophia this morning and then after breakfast I went to branch choir practice. Then was our three hour block. Church was great like it always is here (or at least the past two weeks). I love being here with the branch members and the families that are living in Jerusalem and still faithfully attending church. I petitioned to be a teacher in the nursery (which sounds bad, but a girl who lives by me got called into the primary presidency and mentioned that they needed nursery leaders so I offered myself......? Is that bad?) But anyway, I would absolutely love to work in nursery here because I want to serve children in Jerusalem but we have been restricted to working with kids in the community. So that's the closest I can get.



After church we all went down to the Garden Tomb on kind of a mini field trip, we all went and all of my teachers and leaders went too. It was a really cool experience, after we went into the Garden Tomb we all sang hymns about the Savior and the Atonement. It was so beautiful. Other people who were there stopped and listened to us, some people even sat down and listened. The Garden Tomb is very interesting to me. It is located smack dab in the middle of the city but when you go inside the gates it is actually green and beautiful! You don't really find much green in Jerusalem, but it was green there. And there were flowers and trails and benches for people to sit on and think. From the garden you could also see Golgotha where Christ was crucified.



When we got back from the Garden Tomb we ate dinner. It was great. Of course, because I was so hungry. Then we all just kind of hung out and we played Scum and chatted and played other games. It was a good time, we all are starting to bond and get along really well.

Tomorrow we have a free day and I think we're going to go to a park to have a sports morning, and then who knows what will happen after that. Hopefully I can go shopping and barter for some good stuff because I am so sick of my clothes already. Plus there's just a lot of great stuff out there! So until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha I wonder if I inspired that food epiphany comment in OUR phone call that day...

    ReplyDelete