Monday, January 11, 2010

Geography Field Trip

Today we had our first field trip. It was a geography field trip and we went around to five different points that overlook Jerusalem. It helped to get a grip on where I am and what's around me. I really don't have much time to post details, we have FHE in ten minutes and I am completely swamped with homework, but here are so pictures that will outline what we did
today!










This was an outlook of Bethlehem. This hilltop that I am standing on very well could have been where the shepherds were visited by angels to announce the birth of the Savior. Very cool!











This is everyone sitting and hanging out by a look out on the south side of the Old City.











This is a cave outside of Bethlehem. In places like this shepherds would sleep and watch over their sheep.









This is an overlook of the very kibbutz that my mom lived in when she was in Jerusalem










This is a ruin outside of a Jewish synagogue. We went to the top of the synagogue to have a good outlook of the city, and then we went to the basement to where the Jewish people claim that Samuel's tomb lays. The boys and girls had to seperate and when we tried to go down the Jewish women wouldn't let us down because we weren't Jews. Our teachers told us that they had no right to tell us that so we went down again and told them that we believed Samuel was a prophet and that they couldn't turn us away. So...we got to go down and see it. They seemed upset with us though.










Here we are at the top of the Jewish synagogue where they believe that Samuel the prophet's tomb lies.










Here I am with a beautiful view of the Old City. You can see the city walls and the Dome of the Rock. Very pretty.


My class singing Far Far Away on Judea's Plain on a hill top overlooking Bethlehem.



This video was taken especially for my mom, who lived in this area when she was doing study abroad in Jerusalem and would recognize this landscape.

That's all I have for today, I'm sorry I don't have much to say (or enough time to say it rather) but in short, today was a good day and I learned a lot and had some good experiences.

3 comments:

  1. THIS IS SO COOL! Can't wait to hear about all your adventures. Live it up girl! Be safe. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madison!! i am so jealous! reading your blog makes me want to go back sooo bad!! ilove your pictures...also i just wanted to let you know that i was on the field trip committee too!!! we are so legit!! have fun! and i love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. madi! i love seeing all the pictures! sorry if i'm not the best commenter but i do read your blog everyday!! i look forward to reading it! keep it up and have a blast!

    ReplyDelete