Saturday, March 20, 2010

Galilee Day Three-- March 18th

Today was a pretty low key day. Like Tuesday, today was a free day for us after we had our class. Most of the group went on a hike, but the space was limited and I didn’t get my name on the sign up list fast enough so I hung around here. I mostly read all day and relaxed. Once again it was windy and too cold to go swimming.

During the night time, however, we had some fun things planned. We went to the St. Peter’s Fish restaurant where they served us fish like you see in cartoons—fried with they eyes, bones, pretty much everything. And when I say that they served “us” I mean they served the majority fish. I, for one, am not a huge fan of fish and thought I’d rather be wimpy than hungry. But I did end up eating some of my neighbors and it was actually pretty good. This dinner gave us the perfect opportunity/excuse to play with our food. Because it was still a fish! We put on dancing numbers and of course we made our fish talk. Some people (about half of those people being at my table) were brave and ate the eyes and the brain of the fish. Some people got really grossed out at that but I thought it was hilarious.


Want to know why I'm so happy? Cause I'm not eating this.


No, anything but that!


The restaurant was beautiful and it overlooked the Galilee. It had gardens out back with a stream running through it and a bridge. There were lights hung up and it was really pretty and magical. The perfect place for a wedding reception.

After the fish restaurant we all got on the bus and headed over to Tiberius to hang out there for a few hours and get ice cream. I opted out on the ice cream and instead looked at the booths set up on the pier. I didn’t buy anything from these booth shops (which reminded me of a flee market) but liked walking on the board walk and enjoying the warm (and not windy) night.

Where we met at the end of the night we went to meet our bus at a place where there were some ruins. I don’t even know if they were real ruins, but we sat and waited for the rest of the group and my friend Kennedy and I made up facts about them. Which was funny, but probably only if you know our teacher and we’ve been learning, (you know, nerdy kind of humor).

We came back to the kibbutz and relaxed and talked outside once again. This is my favorite part of the day; I love just talking out by the lake. It reminds me of the summer and makes me excited for the summer days up ahead.


Beautiful sunset on the Galilee

No comments:

Post a Comment