Sunday, March 14, 2010

Tel Aviv


Today for our free day a huge group of us went to Tel Aviv to spend a day of fun in the sun! It was so amazing. It felt so good to be outside of the center and it even felt kind of good to be outside of Jerusalem. We all felt free from teachers and classes and conflict in the city and everything! We could even wear shorts!! Incredible!

But speaking of freedom, I saw way too many bodies today. Way too many gross things that I could have lived without seeing. Way too many speedos and way too many older women thinking that they can still pull off a string bikini. So yucky. I think after a while I became immune to it though. Here are some highlights of my day:
Hey.....just me, Daniel and Jonathan chilling by the Mediterranean.

This artwork is entitled "coexist". Dome of the Rock + Ziggurat + Salt Lake City Temple= coexisting.

Dome of the Rock and the Western Wall. See, we have learned something!


Us playing one of our favorite games, Ninja Destruction. I'm getting karate chopped by Eric.

Diana...the centaur.

Carrie and me at sunset...she's one of my amazing visiting teachers!

My roommate Michelle and me at sunset

BYU Jerusalem--Tel Aviv trip! (I am located on the second row second one in from the left)

I got really sunburned which wasn't that smart of a decision since I'm going to Galilee tomorrow to be in the sun for 10 days! But I love the sun, I just can't help it! Today was pretty much a perfect day.

2 comments:

  1. Fun!!! We need to find a time this coming semester the make it to the coast with all of us! I'm itching for a road trip with everyone! (Too bad the water will be FREEZING!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FUN day! I'm so jealous! Your sandcastle creations were pretty much the most amazing things I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete