Saturday, March 20, 2010

Galilee Day Two--March 16th

Sunset at Galilee

Day two of Galilee turned out to be a free day for us. Well, actually, we had class for three hours and then we had the rest of the day to ourselves. We only have one bus in Galilee so my class has field trips every other day and while the other class goes on their field trip we have a free day. It's really nice to get a break and recover from our busy field trips, but all I want to do is swim and every day my class has had open has been really windy and kind of cold. But don't worry, eventually I will find a good time to swim in the Sea of Galilee. I will not leave this area without doing it.

Since it was a free day not much of anything exciting happened. I read and relaxed on the beach after class. But that night we had a bon fire for everyone which was really fun. We first had planned skits, which I'm always a little nervous about cause those can either be really good or really terrible, but they were actually pretty hilarious. We then played charades which was especially funny when we could get our teachers in on it. My team lost by a lot but oh well. After charades we sang songs around the campfire. After the fire and our reservation time for the fire pit was up, we scattered around in different groups and continued talking. I really enjoy not having a big lounge area for everyone to meet in this week, mostly because it forces us to do things other than watch movies. I feel like that's all we do on the weekends in the Jerusalem Center. So it's nice to get out of that rut and to really get to know each other.

The pictures and videos from this night honestly aren't very good and won't make much sense, but they have a lot of meaning to me so I will post them anyway.

The "Invisible Bench" skit done by Jason, Marcus, Greg, Daniel, and Sam

Party at the fire

That night when I went to bed had a really hard time falling asleep. I knew that the door wasn't locked and that drove me crazy but I couldn't find a key to lock it. But I couldn't just think about it laying in bed so I got up to look for it so that my mind would be at ease. While I was up I thought that I might as well go to the bathroom but when I went in I saw this:

My after midnight surprise. And see all of those black dots on the floor. Those are all dead gnats. The little guy was probably in heaven!

It took me back a little bit (the first time I saw it it was actually behind the toilet) and I decided that it wasn't something I wanted to deal with at one o'clock am so I just closed the door and left it for the morning. But after a few minutes of laying in bed sleepless yet again, I was going crazy trying to figure out how in the heck the little guy actually got into my apartment. And I came to the conclusion that I actually did have to go to the bathroom and I couldn't wait. So I gathered my energy (and courage) and went out to the bathroom to face the toad. But to my surprise it had somehow shimmied it's way under the door and was hanging out in the hallway. So with that I caught it, put it outside, went to the bathroom, found my key, locked the door, and then I could finally fall asleep. And I did.

The next morning my roommates and I were still trying to figure out how he got in. Did he jump through a window? (My bed is right under the only open window so I hoped that wasn't the case.) Did he get under the door? Later that day we found out that one of the boys, Andrew, actually caught it and put it in our room. Haha, unfortunately for him I didn't have the reaction he was hoping for, but it was still pretty funny to find out and relieving to know that our room is actually closed off and no other critters can come and visit us.

No comments:

Post a Comment