Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Separation Wall

First off, I've got to say that I was looking through my earlier posts from the beginning of this semester and I have gotten so much better at my posts! So much better. Much better quality, better pictures, and better writing. I'm just saying.

We had class this morning for four hours and after that we had a field trip to see/learn about the separation wall. The separation wall is the wall (duh) that encloses the West Bank from the rest of Israel. It is a pretty big source of conflict for people out here. The guy who came and talked to us works with the US government in Israeli relations. He was really smart and I liked how up front he was about issues in the Palestinian/Israeli conflict. So straight forward and blunt, but it was really refreshing to hear about. So without further ado, here are some pictures of the mighty separation wall.




Also, here are some obvious pictures that every single BYU Jerusalem student must have. And here are mine.



Tonight we had the informal talent show, which of course was hilarious. We are all convinced that no semester has ever had a better talent show, but I bet they think that every semester. People here are so talented and funny! I laughed the whole time. At the end we all jumped up on the stage and had a dance party. When it was coming to an end I sat down and watched everyone for a minute and I remember thinking that I was probably going to cry myself to sleep that night because I was was so overcome with the unity of our group. Cheesy, I know, but it's going to be hard and a huge adjustment to come home and not be around these people 24/7! These are relationships that I think will last for a very long time, we have been through so much together. There are so many great people here. I couldn't have asked for a better group.

No comments:

Post a Comment